Wednesday, May 7, 2008

50/50?

The sermon series for the past few weeks at my church has been entitled, "Pure Sex." It has been quite an interesting series. Don't worry, I won't re-hash all the topics here, I just want to discuss an interesting point our pastor brought up. It has really changed the way I think. He said, "Marriage is not 50/50, it's 100/100. Even if your spouse withdraws, you are not relieved of your duty to give 100%. If your spouse is only giving 50%, you can't give 70% just to be a little bit better than him/her."

Is that the way you live now? It sure isn't that way at my house! My husband is pretty good about not letting my mood affect him, but I need some work in that area. This change of habit has not come easy and I've only been working on it for a day and a half! I've had to be intentional about the little things. My tongue is starting to hurt because I've been biting it a little more often than letting it run.

Challenge for today: find an area of your marriage where you can give a little more. Maybe you could give a real kiss to your spouse before you leave or when you get home. Not just a peck on the lips, but an actual kiss that says "I love you." Maybe you can drop what you're doing when your spouse gets home to show that you are happy to see him/her. Be creative...I think it will be worth it.

Don't forget to enter the contest posted yesterday!

No comments: