Monday, May 12, 2008

I Knew It!

If you're a mom, I'm sure you've had this happen to you. In the busyness of your day, you see something in your house and you think to yourself, "I really should move that, somebody might step on it." Or, "Oh! That cup is right on the edge of the table." So you move it to the middle of the table. I usually do these things without even really being conscious of it; it's just part of my "job." Then there are other times where I walk through my house, see something with "potential mess" written all over it, and do nothing about it. Tonight was that night. Madison picked some lilacs and had them sitting in a plastic cup on her bookshelf headboard. I have to admit, I saw them, knew they would probably spill, but decided to take my chances. Big mistake.

She was getting ready for bed and was arranging all of her many animal friends. A small dalmation fell off her top bunk, so she picked it up and chucked it back onto her bed. She has a whole big bed and is slinging it backwards over her shoulder and do you want to guess where it landed? If you said "right into the side of the cup," you would be right. The water ran down the headboard onto her big pile of books, onto her bedding, and right down the side of the bed like a waterfall until it splatered onto the floor. No big deal, right? The puddle was under her bed in the far corner. I'm sure I was quite a sight sliding under the bottom bunk with only my toes as evidence that I was under there.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ha! Ha! You should write a book!